Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Boxes Have Arrived

OK. Yesterday was very busy and I did not have the time to properly document the experience.  Kevin our UPS guy was sick and his replacement was a little off.  Every time we heard a truck outside me and the kids were at the window seeing if it was UPS. Only to walk away feeling a bit dejected.  Finally at 12:46 the brown truck arrived and the kids were out the door like a shot!  The poor guy had no idea what was going on.  So I breifly explained to him what was going on and like a good boy read off the names on the boxes and handed them to the kids who thanked him and then ran for the house.  Once all the packages were inside, they very impatiently waited for me to get the camera so I could take their picture then tape was flying off the boxes.

After I made sure that all was there, they quickly put their books in order on their shelves and started examining  all the kits and books.
Amanda, Scott and David are the only ones who got their stuff yesterday.  Michael is going to school thru St. Charles Virtual Academy and has not picked out his schedule yet.  But the school says he will be doing so in the next 10 days.  He is using the K12 program for school.  I am also going to be coaching Sammii (Amanda's friend) with the St Charles VA.  I am going to have a very very very busy year.

I am posting pics of the classroom as well.  The kids picked the colors for their chairs and desks and they all agreed on the color for the classroom.  The room has 2 windows and in an effort to cut down on daydreaming I painted the windows so light can come in but they cant see out.






2 comments:

  1. Love what you did with the windows and the wall color is great! We are still trying to figure out where to place our 2 boys---me thinks we need a new desk! Enjoy the year :0).

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did your year go with some children in K12 and some in Connections Academy? We're trying to decide between the two now, and you're probably one of the few people in the perfect position to compare the two. (Love the windows, btw)

    ReplyDelete